Years bouldering in PA?
Using one word, how would you describe PA bouldering?
Top five PA bouldering areas?
- Coll’s Cove
- That next place we find
Top five PA boulder problems?
* this is impossible to do. To not repeat what others have mentioned, here are a few.
- Body Snap
- Mushroom Tattoo
- Strawberry Shortcake
Top five PA boulder problem names, yours or not, and why?
- Malicious Intent, everyone moved past cassette tapes but me, Chetroy gave me a bunch. When I was working the problem I would drive there jamming out to Ministry. One song has a lyric along the lines of being in love with a malicious intent.
- Ten High, Tony Disanto with that one. If you don’t know, Ten High is a bottom shelf whiskey. For a problem at a place called whiskey! And it goes at V10! Perfect.
- MDSF. If you don’t know, ask around.
- Humandroid. I just came up with this one day. It may be a thing already though. I liked that the last two letters of human are the first two letters in android. Something cool right there. Also, has anyone else even tried it?
- Theme for a jackal. No real reason but, if one hasn’t picked up on it, most of my FA’s in the region are Misfit songs.
Favorite PA stone type? Why?
The sandstone for sure.
Favorite month to boulder in PA?
Why do you enjoy PA bouldering? What sets PA bouldering apart from some other areas?
Adventure. There are so many areas to go to and so many to discover. Plenty of days spent bushwhacking into the unknown gripped with excitement about what gems you may find. Tough to find stuff McCall doesn’t know about though!
Willing to share one memorable bouldering experience that embodies “community”?
Not one experience, but all the experiences of sharing the simple joy of climbing with so many folks. Pushing each other to reach goals and helping each other along the way.